So I found out today
about the Liebster award,
so I thought I’d create a rhyme for you
with the hope that you won’t get bored.
I’ll start by thanking my nominator
who in this case is good ol’ ‘Jemverse,’
and then answer his eleven questions,
so I don’t get pushed into a hearse.
First question would be who inspires me,
and that in many cases are my patients,
as they never fail to touch my heart
through our encounter, our conversations.
Now while my favorite author is Dostoevsky,
my favorite book is not by him,
but Pathologies of Power, on health in developing countries-
a situation that’s dire and rather grim.
While a lot of my blog is about medicine
my first post was simpler than that-
which also brings me to my most treasured possession-
who is none other than my big, fluffy cat.
Now on to question six; we’re half way through:
“If you were a color, what would you be?”
I guess I would be brown, ‘cause it’s kind of bland
Which I’m afraid in several ways may describe me.
As for where I would like to visit-
And I would bring my first pet, Pepper
to play with the tortoises- a scene quite heavenly!
Now I will tell you my favorite flower,
which I’ll say is the water lily,
simply because I also like frogs-
oops, that reasoning is rather silly!
And as for whom I admire-
besides my mom, would be the saxophonist, the “Bird,”
which brings me to the last question- my favorite song-
“Blues for Alice”- one of the best pieces I’ve ever heard.
So thank you so much for bearing with me
as I recite my silly rhyme-
one so marvelously atrocious
it should certainly be made a crime!
• • •
11 Fast Fun Facts about PuppyDoc:
– She plays the alto saxophone and had aspired to be ‘the female Charlie Parker’ but ended up in medicine instead.
– She has traveled to many places around the world by herself, mainly to work and volunteer.
– In one of the countries, she befriended a stray ring-tailed lemur with whom she shared her cactus fruit everyday.
– In another country, she got a couple of mosquito-borne illnesses back-to-back.
– She grew up watching “I Love Lucy” and knows all the episodes by heart.
– She grew up watching “Sound of Music” and knows the script by heart.
– She’s an only child..
– Her first and only canine was Pepper, a Dalmatian (pictured below), whom she had for 14 ½ good years.
– She thinks possums are cute.
– The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had significant influence on her in that she now quite enjoys anchovy pizza.
– She gives most patients hugs.
As mentioned above, a really big thank you to Jem Croucher at ‘Jemverse- Life in Words’ blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It’s an honor and one I’m quite pleased to accept.
Now I’d like to nominate three blogs for the Liebster Award:
• • •