But why am I flipped upside down all goofily, you might ask? Well, a couple of reasons:
1. I found out today that some wonderful people have nominated this blog for some lovely things, and that makes me happy! 2. I found out that my human trusts me enough to give me, such an ordinary kitty,the honor of writing the acceptance post for them, and that makes me even happier! 3. I caught a 6-legged critter yesterday…and I played with it for a while (but please don’t tell my human I already broke my New Year’s promise…).
So without further delay, let me thank these nice humans first:
• The Versatile Blogger Award: Thank you, CrumpledPaperCranes! We love how you cover everything from poetry to crafting. You are certainly deserving of the Versatile Blogger title, and we thank you for thinking of us!
• Premio Dardos Award: Thank you, Ruth Brodrick! We love how you are a medical student who takes time to write and blog; that makes you super cool in our book. Thank you for contributing to the world of medicine as well as the blogosphere!
• The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:Thank you, Erica at Suburban Hobo! My human and I just adore your blog. Thank you for thinking of us!
And to help you get to know us better…
• 7 Random Fun Facts About PuppyDoc and SamanCat •
— I love Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. PuppyDoc likes them, but I go just nutty over them. I could stick my head in a bag and just fall asleep I get so happy!
— I came from the Humane Society. That’s where I met my human for the first time! On the other hand, PuppyDoc is not from the Humane Society.
— If I ride in a car, I must sit on my human’s lap, because I am really scared of Pet Taxis. We have accomplished several 12-hour road trips in this configuration.
— My human says I’m the gentlest kitty she has ever known, because I never hiss, bite, or scratch. My human often calls me a ‘gentle giant.’
— I secretly wish I were a doggie…sometimes I even think I am one!
— I had one litter of kittens before my human found me and gave me a new life. PuppyDoc has not had any litters.
— I love my human more than anything in the world! Even more than freshly opened canned tuna!
1. …try to help a homeless person in some way each day. 2. …hug more elderly patients.
3. …remind each nurse I see that he/she is appreciated.
4. …fall in love with medicine all over again,
5. …and hopefully inspire someone else to as well.
At the same time, I will try not to neglect my own well-being by…
6. …listening to my mom about eating more veggies,
7. …not avoiding the dentist,
8. …realizing that a Clif Bar plus a Red Bull doesn’t constitute an ideal meal, 9. …and not refusing to go to the doctor…
10. I only hope to make a small difference…one day at a time (…and live happily ever after with Samantha, of course).
Upon the next moon, I shall…
1. …find more ways to earn treats…
2. …but at the same time lose 3 lbs.
3. …stop stealing pepperoni off my human’s pizza,
4. …stop stealing chicken wings off the kitchen counter,
5. …and try not to take up the entire pillow when sleeping atop my human’s head at night.
Moreover, if I find a gecko, or any living creature smaller than me, I shall…
6. …not bite it,
7. …nor squish it, 8. …nor terrify it with my intimidating presence, 9. …but allow it to go on living its peaceful life.
But most importantly…
10. I will remain fluffy, loving, and sweet…and live happily ever after with my human.
I am Samantha. The cat! I know it may seem very strange hearing from me, especially on this blog, as I normally let my human do the writing while I carry out my ornamental role of being, quite simply and happily, the ‘affectionately rotund feline’ in PuppyDoc’s blog world.
But today will be different as I give PuppyDoc a break while I take the reins as well as the laptop and introduce to those who are interested a small peek into my life. I don’t think my human will mind.
As you know, my name is really Samantha. But my human likes to call me ‘Saman,’ not ‘Sam’ or ‘Sammy’, which I find kind of funny. Sometimes she even calls me ‘her little lemur,’ though I don’t see the resemblance at all…
I like my human a lot. She snuggles with me, cuddles with me, and sometimes, she’ll hold me straight up high in the air while going “WEEE!” I can see lots of things when she does that, like the top of her head, the funny bumpy ceiling, the occasional shriveled insect on top of the bookshelf…things I don’t normally get to see. It’s all very interesting.
I also like it when my human baby talks in Chinese to me. Why baby talk…and why in Chinese…I’m not really sure. But I don’t mind.
Now my goal each day is to make my human smile. One way I do this is through dramatic posturing. For example, something like this…
…anything to make her say “Aww…silly Saman!”…a statement that always makes me warm and fuzzy.
Oh dear… my human is calling for me. I better go.
Thank you so much for reading! I am humbled. I bet my human will be so proud when she finds out I can blog…just like her…
Founded in 2014 by Dr. Phoebe Chi, PhoebeMD: Health + Inspiration (HealthInspiration.org) is a health information and literary arts website that aims to inspire, empower, and inform through a curated mix of essential health information, uplifting stories, and original poetry.