♦ The nickname ‘Puppy’ was granted by her peers in medical school who stated that Phoebe was “loyal, affectionate, and playful…just like a real live puppy…”
♦ Despite having been chased by a machete-wielding villager (the villager had a nightmarish dream that PuppyDoc was a witch…bless his heart) and getting malaria and Dengue fever multiple times, PuppyDoc continues to aspire to volunteer abroad.
♦ PuppyDoc has a very large, squishy, soft spot in her heart reserved for the elderly.
♦ PuppyDoc has a very fluffy, affectionate cat named Samantha, whom she loves very much.
♦ Above all, Phoebe loves medicine and hopes that she never loses the joy of caring for others…
• • •
Thank you so much, Elaine, from Pocket Full of Words, for nominating me for this award. You have a wonderfully enjoyable blog. I encourage all bloggers to visit her site to get a taste of her beautiful writing!
• • •
My Nominations for the Creative Blogger Award (Blogs I appreciate, in no particular order)
But why am I flipped upside down all goofily, you might ask? Well, a couple of reasons:
1. I found out today that some wonderful people have nominated this blog for some lovely things, and that makes me happy! 2. I found out that my human trusts me enough to give me, such an ordinary kitty,the honor of writing the acceptance post for them, and that makes me even happier! 3. I caught a 6-legged critter yesterday…and I played with it for a while (but please don’t tell my human I already broke my New Year’s promise…).
So without further delay, let me thank these nice humans first:
• The Versatile Blogger Award: Thank you, CrumpledPaperCranes! We love how you cover everything from poetry to crafting. You are certainly deserving of the Versatile Blogger title, and we thank you for thinking of us!
• Premio Dardos Award: Thank you, Ruth Brodrick! We love how you are a medical student who takes time to write and blog; that makes you super cool in our book. Thank you for contributing to the world of medicine as well as the blogosphere!
• The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:Thank you, Erica at Suburban Hobo! My human and I just adore your blog. Thank you for thinking of us!
And to help you get to know us better…
• 7 Random Fun Facts About PuppyDoc and SamanCat •
— I love Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. PuppyDoc likes them, but I go just nutty over them. I could stick my head in a bag and just fall asleep I get so happy!
— I came from the Humane Society. That’s where I met my human for the first time! On the other hand, PuppyDoc is not from the Humane Society.
— If I ride in a car, I must sit on my human’s lap, because I am really scared of Pet Taxis. We have accomplished several 12-hour road trips in this configuration.
— My human says I’m the gentlest kitty she has ever known, because I never hiss, bite, or scratch. My human often calls me a ‘gentle giant.’
— I secretly wish I were a doggie…sometimes I even think I am one!
— I had one litter of kittens before my human found me and gave me a new life. PuppyDoc has not had any litters.
— I love my human more than anything in the world! Even more than freshly opened canned tuna!
So I found out today about the Liebster award, so I thought I’d create a rhyme for you with the hope that you won’t get bored.
I’ll start by thanking my nominator who in this case is good ol’ ‘Jemverse,’ and then answer his eleven questions, so I don’t get pushed into a hearse.
First question would be who inspires me, and that in many cases are my patients, as they never fail to touch my heart through our encounter, our conversations.
Now while my favorite author is Dostoevsky, my favorite book is not by him, but Pathologies of Power, on health in developing countries- a situation that’s dire and rather grim.
While a lot of my blog is about medicine my first post was simpler than that- which also brings me to my most treasured possession- who is none other than my big, fluffy cat.
Now on to question six; we’re half way through: “If you were a color, what would you be?” I guess I would be brown, ‘cause it’s kind of bland Which I’m afraid in several ways may describe me.
As for where I would like to visit- the Galapagos…definitely. And I would bring my first pet, Pepper to play with the tortoises- a scene quite heavenly!
Now I will tell you my favorite flower, which I’ll say is the water lily, simply because I also like frogs- oops, that reasoning is rather silly!
And as for whom I admire- besides my mom, would be the saxophonist, the “Bird,” which brings me to the last question- my favorite song- “Blues for Alice”- one of the best pieces I’ve ever heard.
So thank you so much for bearing with me as I recite my silly rhyme- one so marvelously atrocious it should certainly be made a crime!
11 Fast Fun Facts about PuppyDoc:
– She plays the alto saxophone and had aspired to be ‘the female Charlie Parker’ but ended up in medicine instead. – She has traveled to many places around the world by herself, mainly to work and volunteer. – In one of the countries, she befriended a stray ring-tailed lemur with whom she shared her cactus fruit everyday. – In another country, she got a couple of mosquito-borne illnesses back-to-back. – She grew up watching “I Love Lucy” and knows all the episodes by heart. – She grew up watching “Sound of Music” and knows the script by heart. – She’s an only child.. – Her first and only canine was Pepper, a Dalmatian (pictured below), whom she had for 14 ½ good years. – She thinks possums are cute. – The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had significant influence on her in that she now quite enjoys anchovy pizza. – She gives most patients hugs.
As mentioned above, a really big thank you to Jem Croucher at ‘Jemverse- Life in Words’ blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It’s an honor and one I’m quite pleased to accept.
Now I’d like to nominate three blogs for the Liebster Award:
Founded in 2013 by Phoebe Chi, MD, PhoebeMD: Medicine + Poetry is a health information and literary arts website that aims to inspire, empower, and inform through a curated mix of essential health information, uplifting personal stories, and original poetry.