This is where tuberculosis patients, including little Luis’ father, were kept, quarantined away from other patients. It is quite different from the standard isolation facilities seen at most hospitals today, but this is all they had, and they made the most of it.
Outside is where little Luis played while visiting the hospital.
And Puppydoc did end up getting latent TB after caring for the patients, but she took medicine and is now all better.
1. …try to help a homeless person in some way each day. 2. …hug more elderly patients.
3. …remind each nurse I see that he/she is appreciated.
4. …fall in love with medicine all over again,
5. …and hopefully inspire someone else to as well.
At the same time, I will try not to neglect my own well-being by…
6. …listening to my mom about eating more veggies,
7. …not avoiding the dentist,
8. …realizing that a Clif Bar plus a Red Bull doesn’t constitute an ideal meal, 9. …and not refusing to go to the doctor…
10. I only hope to make a small difference…one day at a time (…and live happily ever after with Samantha, of course).
Upon the next moon, I shall…
1. …find more ways to earn treats…
2. …but at the same time lose 3 lbs.
3. …stop stealing pepperoni off my human’s pizza,
4. …stop stealing chicken wings off the kitchen counter,
5. …and try not to take up the entire pillow when sleeping atop my human’s head at night.
Moreover, if I find a gecko, or any living creature smaller than me, I shall…
6. …not bite it,
7. …nor squish it, 8. …nor terrify it with my intimidating presence, 9. …but allow it to go on living its peaceful life.
But most importantly…
10. I will remain fluffy, loving, and sweet…and live happily ever after with my human.
Flames softening a heart of stone fading away each zealous stream. A spirit dulled through nights of black blossoms stars from a faerie dream. A soul once dampened by frigid tears warmed by a love now found. Mangled wings bound by the sun now airily flitter upon the clouds.
Drifting through the sands of time, celestial burning suffuse the night. The sweetness of the morning dew caress my heart with wondrous light. Your grace, beauty, and wisdom great have seized my heart in awe unbound, The earth, now below us, faint- how sublime it is, this love we’ve found.
Welcome to Health + Inspiration
Founded in 2014 by Dr. Phoebe Chi, Health + Inspiration is a health information and literary arts website designed to inspire, empower, and inform through a curated mix of essential health information, uplifting stories, and original poetry.